MIPS 2022 Performance Period End is Fast Approaching
As the 2022 MIPS performance period is quickly nearing its end, we want to send a few reminders for those planning to submit this year’s MIPS data:
- The 2022 performance period ends on Saturday, December 31, 2022.
- CMS will open their submission portal on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- The current submission deadline for the 2022 performance period is Friday, March 31, 2023.
- The current deadline to file for an Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception is Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- 75 points are needed to avoid an up to -9% penalty in 2024 on Medicare reimbursements.
- 89 points are needed to qualify for the exceptional performer bonus.
In addition, on Tuesday, November 1, 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the Final Rule for the 2023 Performance Period. We will send a follow-up communication to provide you with more information regarding some of the changes. We will also provide a date for our next webinar: “MIPS: Submitting 2022 Data with gGastro® and What’s Coming for 2023 MIPS”.
Use the MIPS resources available on modmed® Communities to set up a MIPS Report using the MIPS Dashboard in gGastro. The MIPS report allows users to view an individual provider or group MIPS Score.
MIPS Advisory Services
With ModMed’s MIPS Advisory Services, a dedicated advisor can help you meet your goals! MIPS Advisors, who are trained in gGastro®, can work with you to build your practice’s custom MIPS project plan and answer questions, monitor your performance, and more. Fill out the form here to get in touch with the MIPS team.
For more information on MIPS, please visit qpp.cms.gov.